12/4/14

Life at 24 Weeks

Well, it's somewhat hard to believe but I'm officially 24 weeks.


How far along? 24 weeks, or 6 months if you're dividing by 4 weeks to a month.
Maternity clothes? Yes. I can still fit into my jeans, but by mid-day or so the waist really starts to pinch. Sadly, maternity jeans are not my favorite but that's what I am needing to wear. Sometimes I do the rubber band trick to extend the waist some and that works well. Work-wise, I'm in maternity clothes 100%.
Stretch marks? No, thank goodness.

Sleep? Questionable at best. I have much more stamina than I was having, and can stay up later (like 8:30-10pm on a great night, but I have enough energy to go out every once in a while). However, I am waking up in the middle of the night (2am-4am usually) and will be wide awake anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. I'm also more uncomfortable sleeping since my belly is pretty big.
Best moment this month? I would have to say the best moment pregnancy-wise this month was starting to feel him move. I was so excited the first time that I thought I felt kicks (October 23rd) that I ran around telling everyone and I wrote it in my planner. Now, it's amazing, a month later, he is moving nonstop! He is also getting much stronger because in this short time frame, some of the movements are already beginning to hurt a bit. It's a pretty wondrous thing, feeling him move, though.

Miss anything? I still miss all of my vices occasionally- caffeine, the occasional adult beverage, etc.
Movement? Yes! Like I mentioned above, he is moving quite a bit now. At first I was amazed to feel even a kick or two, and then I wouldn't feel anything for days. Then, he started moving on a schedule. He would start moving around late afternoon (3-4pm or so) and then move around on my drive home (around 6pm) and then again that evening around 7-8pm, and at bedtime. Now, he is moving very frequently and whenever he feels like it!
Food cravings? I still am loving salty carbs, like potatoes and French fries, and I have gotten my LOVE for Mexican food back. Mexican food every day! (I wish.)
Anything making you queasy or sick? Yes, things occasionally do. Pre-pregnancy I had a very tough stomach and hardly anything could make me nauseated. Now, sometimes if a show or movie is too graphic it makes me sick, or smelling certain foods will make me feel sick. I can't think of a solid example for food right now, except for seafood.
Have you started to show yet? Absolutely! I love my bump. The fun thing about it is that now pretty much everyone, strangers included, can tell that I am pregnant and will comment on it. One of the benefits to that is that strangers seem to be a lot nicer!
Gender? Boy!
Labor Signs? Definitely not, thank goodness.
Belly Button in or out? In still, which was one of the only things I really wanted to stay as is. Unfortunately, I think it will be an outie by the end, because I can tell it is changing.
Wedding rings on or off? On, and loving that!
Happy or moody most of the time
? Hmm. I would like to say happy and I think that is true. However, since the beginning of pregnancy my temper-fuse has been much shorter, so I can snap quite a bit easier. Thankfully, I have that mostly under control, but I am very emotional otherwise. It seems like I cry at the drop of a hat right now, even though I really am happy. It's the hormones, they say!
Looking forward to? Right now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, which is in just a few days. I'm looking forward to the time off of work, and spending it with family. Of course, I always look forward to Black Friday too!
Milestones: I think this month the main milestone is the movement, which is a pretty great one.

All in all it's been a great month. I'm looking forward to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love receiving notes!